AVID is an elective class offered to students who would like to prepare for four-year colleges and universities. Students must have satisfactory citizenship, good attendance, and a G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher. Applicants must be motivated to work toward college eligibility, have the desire and determination to take challenging courses, such as AP and honors classes, and do well in them.
The AVID Elective class features:
- Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, Notetaking, and Study Skills
- AVID activities include a focus on college, career, leadership and motivation
- Field trips to visit area colleges and universities
- The class features tutoring/tutorials twice a week in all subjects, led by college students.
- Guest speakers from various career fields and colleges
- AVID students are encouraged to enroll in at least one Honors/ AP course
- AVID students maintain an AVID binder and take notes in all their subject area classes
If you are interested in enrolling in the AVID elective please complete the following application and return to Ms. Love or email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org