All of the forms on our website have now been updated for the 2012-2013 school year. Be sure to download them and look them over. Those forms will be distributed during Band Camp, and will be expected to be returned by either August 21st or August 24th (depends on the form). You can get the Band Handbook, Excused Absence Form, Practice Logs for Quarters 1-4, Order Form, Honor Band Form, Power of Attorney and the USF H.O.T. Day Trip Form.
This year’s Pasco All-County Band audition materials can be found on in our Member’s Only section. Just click, download and print you parts. In addition to performing that prepared piece, you must also complete the following:
- Major Scales – according to the FBA All-State requirements. Twelve major scales, (3 minutes or less), complete with arpeggios, at a minimum tempo of MM quarter note = 120. Scales are to be performed a minimum of 2 octaves where possible. Students who wish to play a 3rd octave may do so. All scales must be performed within the allotted time frame. Scales must be performed in complete octaves. The scales are to be tongued ascending and slurred descending. The students will be asked to perform scales in their transposed form. Scales will be performed in the following order, starting with the concert key of: G, Ab, A, Bb, B, C, Db, D, Eb, E, F, & Gb. Scales will be scored based on the quality of performance of the scale.
- Chromatic Scale – All chromatic scales will be played according to the All-State requirements. 2 octaves where appropriate.
- Sight-reading – A short sightreading exercise to demonstrate the student’s reading ability. The student will have thirty seconds to study the piece before playing it. Sight-reading will be required on mallets and snare only for percussion students.
- G.P.A. – All students must have a minimum GPA of a 2.0. Students who do not meet this requirement, will not be permitted to audition.
Congratulations, to the following students for being accepted into the University of South Florida’s Festival of Winds Opus 37.
Carro, Alexis – Saxophone, Alto
Gott, Alex – Saxophone, Alto
Hartmann, Forrest – Trumpet
All participants, must pay their Festival registration through this link. When paying, you must select Plan A, which should cost $189.00. You can pay for your registration using your Credit Card, Debit Card, or an E-Check. Payments must be made no later than Friday, October 28, 2011. Once you have made your payment, please bring a copy of your confirmation receipt (for use in the case of any issues).
Here are the times for this week’s All-State Auditions:
Brittany Bammann – 10:30 a.m. – Room 4
Alexis Carro – 10:10 a.m. – Room 5
Zachary Daniels – 9:50 a.m. – Room 1
Jordan Grantham – 11:00 a.m. – Room 6
To get directions to Zephyrhills High School, click on the pin in the map below. Then click “Get Directions.”
During this summer’s Student Leadership camp, our Leadership team was tasked with creating a set of goals for our band. Here is what they came up with:
- Know your music
- Be on time
- Dress appropriately
- Know your fundamentals
- Be on time
- Have your music
- No food/drink in the band hall
- Complete your Trip Survey’s
- Knowing when it’s time to be serious vs. the time to have fun
- Be positive
- Keep the drama out of the band
- Respect your peers
- Dedicate yourself
- Become a member of Tri-M
- Know your fundamentals
- Know your scales
- Listen effectively
- Improve every performance
- Try-out for All-County
- Participate in H.O.T. Day
- Participate in Solo & Ensemble
- Participate in our Jazz Ensemble
- Participate in various Honor Bands (USF Festival of Winds, FSU Tri-State, etc…)
This week starts off our Summer Band Days, which will lead into our 2011-2012 Band Camp! These day’s will take place on July 13th, 20th and 27th from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. During this time you are welcome to come practice your All-County/All-State music, halftime show music, scales, etc… These are not required, but are encouraged for students who are planning on trying out for either All-State or All-County Band.
If you go to the new Members Only portion of our website, you will be able to download a pdf of the All-County Audition Materials, as well as a portion of our 2011-2012 Halftime Show. The password to the Members Only page will be emailed out to our students on Monday, July 11th.