Here are some helpful hints for the 2012-2013 school year!
- Practice your music and scales everyday. The only way to improve is to practice a lot. Be sure to practice with correct posture, correct articulations, dynamics, and style. Don’t practice notes, practice MUSIC.
- Always check the website. It always has the most up-to-date information! It even has music, calendars, forms, photos, video and more….
- Practice your music and scales!
- Get your forms in on time. Late forms will cause you miss out on trips and more. Never be late. Right now, you need to be working on your Band Handbook Agreement Form, Contact Form, Power of Attorney, Trip Paperwork, H.O.T. Day Field Trip and more…..
- Seriously, practice!
- Always remember your locker combination. If you can’t remember it, you probably shouldn’t have a locker.
- GO PRACTICE ALREADY!
Remember, HAVE FUN! Yes, there are a lot of things to keep track of. Yes, it is a lot of work. It will end up being the most memorable experience of your high school career. It will go by quickly, so enjoy the experience while you can!
All of the forms on our website have now been updated for the 2012-2013 school year. Be sure to download them and look them over. Those forms will be distributed during Band Camp, and will be expected to be returned by either August 21st or August 24th (depends on the form). You can get the Band Handbook, Excused Absence Form, Practice Logs for Quarters 1-4, Order Form, Honor Band Form, Power of Attorney and the USF H.O.T. Day Trip Form.
This year’s Pasco All-County Band audition materials can be found on in our Member’s Only section. Just click, download and print you parts. In addition to performing that prepared piece, you must also complete the following:
- Major Scales – according to the FBA All-State requirements. Twelve major scales, (3 minutes or less), complete with arpeggios, at a minimum tempo of MM quarter note = 120. Scales are to be performed a minimum of 2 octaves where possible. Students who wish to play a 3rd octave may do so. All scales must be performed within the allotted time frame. Scales must be performed in complete octaves. The scales are to be tongued ascending and slurred descending. The students will be asked to perform scales in their transposed form. Scales will be performed in the following order, starting with the concert key of: G, Ab, A, Bb, B, C, Db, D, Eb, E, F, & Gb. Scales will be scored based on the quality of performance of the scale.
- Chromatic Scale – All chromatic scales will be played according to the All-State requirements. 2 octaves where appropriate.
- Sight-reading – A short sightreading exercise to demonstrate the student’s reading ability. The student will have thirty seconds to study the piece before playing it. Sight-reading will be required on mallets and snare only for percussion students.
- G.P.A. – All students must have a minimum GPA of a 2.0. Students who do not meet this requirement, will not be permitted to audition.
Congratulations to the following students for being selected to our Student Leadership for the 2012-2013 school year.
Band Captain – Forrest Hartmann
Drum Major – Megan Hancock (Head) and Forrest Hartmann (Assistant)
Drum Captain – Noah Hayden
Guard Captains – Briell Hunsher and Jordan Schaffner
Librarians – Allassandra Slate, Emily Roberts & Jessica Bradley (Jazz)
1st Lieutenant – Jessica Bradley and Emily Roberts
2nd Lieutenant – Justin Mertes
Brass Section Leaders – Brittany Bammann and Zachary Daniels
Woodwind Section Leaders – Alexandra Gott
The Marching Band rehearsal schedule has just been added to our band calendar. A typical week would look something like this:
3:00-5:00 p.m. – Woodwind Sectional
6:00-8:00 p.m. – Color Guard Sectional
3:00-5:00 p.m. – Brass/Percussion Sectional
3:00-6:00 p.m. – Full Band
5:00-8:00 p.m. – Color Guard Rehearsal
3:00-5:00 p.m. – Full Band Rehearsal
Next year’s football schedule has been released. Below are the dates and locations of the games that we will be attending. All of these games can also be found on our Band Calendar.
|August 31, 2012||Fivay H.S. vs. River Ridge H.S.||@ RRHS||7:00 p.m.|
|September 21, 2012||Fivay H.S. vs. Anclote H.S.||Home||7:30 p.m.|
|October 5, 2012||Fivay H.S. vs. Hudson H.S.||@ HHS||7:30 p.m.|
|October 12, 2012||Fivay H.S. vs. Gulf H.S.||Home||7:30 p.m.|
|October 19, 2012||Fivay H.S. vs. Pasco H.S.||Home||7:30 p.m.|
|November 2, 2012||Fivay H.S. vs. Ridgewood H.S.||Home||7:30 p.m.|
|November 9, 2012||Fivay H.S. vs. Citrus H.S.||Home||7:30 p.m.|