All of the forms on our website have now been updated for the 2012-2013 school year. Be sure to download them and look them over. Those forms will be distributed during Band Camp, and will be expected to be returned by either August 21st or August 24th (depends on the form). You can get the Band Handbook, Excused Absence Form, Practice Logs for Quarters 1-4, Order Form, Honor Band Form, Power of Attorney and the USF H.O.T. Day Trip Form.
This year’s Pasco All-County Band audition materials can be found on in our Member’s Only section. Just click, download and print you parts. In addition to performing that prepared piece, you must also complete the following:
- Major Scales – according to the FBA All-State requirements. Twelve major scales, (3 minutes or less), complete with arpeggios, at a minimum tempo of MM quarter note = 120. Scales are to be performed a minimum of 2 octaves where possible. Students who wish to play a 3rd octave may do so. All scales must be performed within the allotted time frame. Scales must be performed in complete octaves. The scales are to be tongued ascending and slurred descending. The students will be asked to perform scales in their transposed form. Scales will be performed in the following order, starting with the concert key of: G, Ab, A, Bb, B, C, Db, D, Eb, E, F, & Gb. Scales will be scored based on the quality of performance of the scale.
- Chromatic Scale – All chromatic scales will be played according to the All-State requirements. 2 octaves where appropriate.
- Sight-reading – A short sightreading exercise to demonstrate the student’s reading ability. The student will have thirty seconds to study the piece before playing it. Sight-reading will be required on mallets and snare only for percussion students.
- G.P.A. – All students must have a minimum GPA of a 2.0. Students who do not meet this requirement, will not be permitted to audition.
During this summer’s Student Leadership camp, our Leadership team was tasked with creating a set of goals for our band. Here is what they came up with:
- Know your music
- Be on time
- Dress appropriately
- Know your fundamentals
- Be on time
- Have your music
- No food/drink in the band hall
- Complete your Trip Survey’s
- Knowing when it’s time to be serious vs. the time to have fun
- Be positive
- Keep the drama out of the band
- Respect your peers
- Dedicate yourself
- Become a member of Tri-M
- Know your fundamentals
- Know your scales
- Listen effectively
- Improve every performance
- Try-out for All-County
- Participate in H.O.T. Day
- Participate in Solo & Ensemble
- Participate in our Jazz Ensemble
- Participate in various Honor Bands (USF Festival of Winds, FSU Tri-State, etc…)
There will be a band parent meeting on Friday, August 12th at 5:00 p.m. Parents who attend this meeting will receive a folder which contains:
- Band Handbook
- Power of Attorney
- “H.O.T.” Day Trip Survey
- Honor Band Form
- Website Information
- Fundraising Information
- Volunteer Information
- Order Form
- General Donation Letter
This week starts off our Summer Band Days, which will lead into our 2011-2012 Band Camp! These day’s will take place on July 13th, 20th and 27th from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. During this time you are welcome to come practice your All-County/All-State music, halftime show music, scales, etc… These are not required, but are encouraged for students who are planning on trying out for either All-State or All-County Band.
If you go to the new Members Only portion of our website, you will be able to download a pdf of the All-County Audition Materials, as well as a portion of our 2011-2012 Halftime Show. The password to the Members Only page will be emailed out to our students on Monday, July 11th.
The Pasco All-County Jazz Band, is made up of a small group of individuals who dedicate themselves to the art of Jazz. This group is patterned in the classic Big-Band style, from the 1930′s and 40′s. This group is typically made up of 20 students, from all across Pasco County. It is truly an honor to make it into this ensemble. Read more
The Pasco County High School and Middle School All-County Bands will be performing this Saturday, January 29th, at the Pasco Center for the Arts at River Ridge. Students were selected to these ensembles through auditions that took in November. Students participating in these ensembles will spend all-day Friday working with guest clinicians from across the state to learn their music. Saturday’s concert begins at 2:00 p.m. and is free! Read more
I want to thank all the students who put forth the time and effort necessary to audition. You all did a wonderful job auditioning. Here are our students who made the 2011 High School All-County Band:
- Alexis Carro – Alto Saxophone (3rd chair)
- Raymond Weibley – Tuba (6th chair)