After months of hard work, you guys did it! I cannot find the words to express how proud I (Ms. Ramey) am of each and every one of you…today’s performance was musically driven and emotionally performed. You are my SUPERIOR band! Congratulations on a fantastic performance:
Here are some helpful hints for the 2012-2013 school year!
- Practice your music and scales everyday. The only way to improve is to practice a lot. Be sure to practice with correct posture, correct articulations, dynamics, and style. Don’t practice notes, practice MUSIC.
- Always check the website. It always has the most up-to-date information! It even has music, calendars, forms, photos, video and more….
- Practice your music and scales!
- Get your forms in on time. Late forms will cause you miss out on trips and more. Never be late. Right now, you need to be working on your Band Handbook Agreement Form, Contact Form, Power of Attorney, Trip Paperwork, H.O.T. Day Field Trip and more…..
- Seriously, practice!
- Always remember your locker combination. If you can’t remember it, you probably shouldn’t have a locker.
- GO PRACTICE ALREADY!
Remember, HAVE FUN! Yes, there are a lot of things to keep track of. Yes, it is a lot of work. It will end up being the most memorable experience of your high school career. It will go by quickly, so enjoy the experience while you can!
Congratulations, to the following students for being accepted into the University of South Florida’s Festival of Winds Opus 37.
Carro, Alexis – Saxophone, Alto
Gott, Alex – Saxophone, Alto
Hartmann, Forrest – Trumpet
All participants, must pay their Festival registration through this link. When paying, you must select Plan A, which should cost $189.00. You can pay for your registration using your Credit Card, Debit Card, or an E-Check. Payments must be made no later than Friday, October 28, 2011. Once you have made your payment, please bring a copy of your confirmation receipt (for use in the case of any issues).
All of our shirts and shorts are here! As of today, each student who ordered their items by our deadline, should have their items. Students who either failed to turn in their order form or turned it in late, will be given what sizes we have left.
On September 20th, there will be no after school band rehearsal. I am required to attend a training at the District Office and will be unable to make it back before rehearsal. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.