This year’s Pasco All-County Band audition materials can be found on in our Member’s Only section. Just click, download and print you parts. In addition to performing that prepared piece, you must also complete the following:
- Major Scales – according to the FBA All-State requirements. Twelve major scales, (3 minutes or less), complete with arpeggios, at a minimum tempo of MM quarter note = 120. Scales are to be performed a minimum of 2 octaves where possible. Students who wish to play a 3rd octave may do so. All scales must be performed within the allotted time frame. Scales must be performed in complete octaves. The scales are to be tongued ascending and slurred descending. The students will be asked to perform scales in their transposed form. Scales will be performed in the following order, starting with the concert key of: G, Ab, A, Bb, B, C, Db, D, Eb, E, F, & Gb. Scales will be scored based on the quality of performance of the scale.
- Chromatic Scale – All chromatic scales will be played according to the All-State requirements. 2 octaves where appropriate.
- Sight-reading – A short sightreading exercise to demonstrate the student’s reading ability. The student will have thirty seconds to study the piece before playing it. Sight-reading will be required on mallets and snare only for percussion students.
- G.P.A. – All students must have a minimum GPA of a 2.0. Students who do not meet this requirement, will not be permitted to audition.
Congratulations, to the following students for being accepted into the University of South Florida’s Festival of Winds Opus 37.
Carro, Alexis – Saxophone, Alto
Gott, Alex – Saxophone, Alto
Hartmann, Forrest – Trumpet
All participants, must pay their Festival registration through this link. When paying, you must select Plan A, which should cost $189.00. You can pay for your registration using your Credit Card, Debit Card, or an E-Check. Payments must be made no later than Friday, October 28, 2011. Once you have made your payment, please bring a copy of your confirmation receipt (for use in the case of any issues).
Here are the times for this week’s All-State Auditions:
Brittany Bammann – 10:30 a.m. – Room 4
Alexis Carro – 10:10 a.m. – Room 5
Zachary Daniels – 9:50 a.m. – Room 1
Jordan Grantham – 11:00 a.m. – Room 6
To get directions to Zephyrhills High School, click on the pin in the map below. Then click “Get Directions.”
There will be a band parent meeting on Friday, August 12th at 5:00 p.m. Parents who attend this meeting will receive a folder which contains:
- Band Handbook
- Power of Attorney
- “H.O.T.” Day Trip Survey
- Honor Band Form
- Website Information
- Fundraising Information
- Volunteer Information
- Order Form
- General Donation Letter
The Pasco All-County Jazz Band, is made up of a small group of individuals who dedicate themselves to the art of Jazz. This group is patterned in the classic Big-Band style, from the 1930′s and 40′s. This group is typically made up of 20 students, from all across Pasco County. It is truly an honor to make it into this ensemble. Read more
The following information is intended for students who wish to audition for the 2011 Pasco All-County Jazz Band. Auditions will take place at Fivay High School during the week of February 21, 2011.
To be eligible to audition, we require that you must:
- have a minimum 2.0 GPA
- be an active member of the Fivay High School band program.
To be considered an active member of Fivay High School band program, you must:
- have completed all current SmartMusic assignments
- have completed all current Moodle assignments
- have regular attendance at sectionals, rehearsals and performances Read more