Adult Education's School Year Information
Adult Education enrollment requirements for the 2013-2014 school year
- You must be a currently enrolled student at any Pasco County High School.
- Homebound students are permitted to take adult education classes.
Reasons to take Adult Education classes:
- Grade replacement: Students, who have failed a class, can take an adult education class for a grade replacement. Grade replacement classes take 50 hours to complete. See your guidance counselor to determine appropriate class.
- For Grade Replacement of a “D” or “F”, a student must earn a “C” or better. If a student earns a “D” in Adult Education Grade Replacement Class, the “D” does not replace the “D” or “F” from the previous course. The student does earn the credit. However, the Adult Ed “D” is used to calculate the student’s overall G.P.A. For a comprehensive explanation, it is recommended students or parents visit the District School Board of Pasco County’s website at www.pasco.k12.fl.us click on Student Progression Plan or consult the guidance counselor.
- Students can take Adult Ed classes to accelerate graduation. Credit acceleration classes take 50 hours to complete.
Subject Areas in which Classes are Offered:
Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and/or Social Studies
How does a Student sign up?
- All students must meet with their guidance counselor.
- Each student must sign his/her registration form and obtain a parent or guardian signature. Eighteen year olds still living in the parent’s home must secure parent/guardian permission / signature.
- The signed completed registration form must be turned into the student’s Guidance Counselor in order to be enrolled in a class. Classes are on a first come first served basis.
- February 1 – the first day of class, Classroom locations will be posted outside the Administrative Office. Students should report to their subject area class.
- Adult Education classes at Fivay High School are Tuesday and Thursday from 2:45 P.M. to 4:45 P.M. Students must attend both weekday sessions to accumulate the required number of hours (50).
- Students on campus after 2:10 P.M. and not in their Adult Education classrooms must be in the media center or off campus to until the beginning of their class. Students are not permitted to be in any other area of the campus.
- At the end of each Adult Education class, Students are expected to leave campus immediately. Students being picked up must meet their rides at the Student Drop-off/Pickup area.
- Anclote, Gulf, Hudson, Mitchell, Ridgewood, River Ridge high schools and MTEC offer Adult Education classes on their campuses twice a week. Check with your guidance counselor for details.
- If there is insufficient student enrollment for any Adult Education class, the class will be cancelled. Guidance Counselors will attempt to place students in a replacement class.
For attendance and grade monitoring, students and parents should access eSembler.
Students can be withdrawn from an Adult Education class due to: poor performance, excessive absences and inappropriate behavior.